Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

For the Files: Stick Figure Manifesting

This one is for the files.

Stick Figure Manifesting circa mid '90's.
Stick Figure Manifesting circa mid '90's.

All that discussion about magick & manifesting with stick figures provoked some reflection on my part & I realized that I have practiced that technique -- relatively unconsciously -- with some regularity over the years. It reminded me of the drawing above which was pinned on the wall in my cubicle for many Moons until the desire was made manifest.

I have always been auto-shy & living for so many years in a place where public transportation was free didn't encourage me to pony up & get my driver's license. It wasn't until I was 25 years old & found myself relocating to Vermont when I recognized that I could no longer drag my heels. Like a good little do-it-backwards human, I went car shopping long before I obtained my license...

And I fell in love.

With a car.

Sounds like a midlife crisis, I know.

A boxy, black Volvo 850 Sedan. She sang to me her sweet, dark siren's song & it was over -- she had me hook, line & sinker. She was a used rental vehicle driven for a couple of years by a pharmaceutical representative & smelled a bit like his cigarettes, but more like her leather. She was so shiny & square & black... I had to have that car in my life.  

And so I drew that picture of myself with a face-splitting grin beside my Volvo.

This picture didn't manifest instantaneously. I had to take driver's education, find a down payment, pass the driver's exam, apply for a loan... I became pretty good friends with the guys at the Volvo shop by the time I actually acquired the car, taking rides in their nitrous-equipped race cars & joining them for beer at the pubs. I told them I was naming her Pandora. The reply, "Pandora, that's a good name for a black box."

Pandora is sitting under a protective cover in the carport as I write. She can still purr with the best of them, but she's a part-timer now. She & I have perpetrated many feats of bad driving & crossed the country together. People have suggested I replace her with another 850, one with less elemental wear, but that's just not reasonable. That's just not this animist's way.


When you don't have the words, draw it.

Even if it looks ridiculous.

You just might get what you need.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...